- Duck – ½ kg
- Basmati Rice – ½ kg (about 2.5 cups)
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 6 (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt (Curd) – ½ cup tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Mint Leaves – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Oil/Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Whole Gram Masala – 1 inch stick of cinnamon , ½ cardamom pods, 2 cloves, 1 bay leaf, 4 to 5 black paper and 1 green cardamon .
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
2 inch stick of cinnamon , 1 cardamom pods, 4 cloves, 4-5 black pepper,1 tsp black cumin seeds ,1/2 nutmeg ,1/2 star ½ (mace) jayeetre ,1/2 tsp fennel seeds 2 green cardamom (all are make a smooth paste.) This masala is master key for biryani.
Wash the duck meat and drain out all the water.
Heat the oil/ghee in a big pressure cooker (or a heavy bottomed pan). Add the whole gram Masala.
Add the chopped onions and green chillies. Fry till the onions pinks.
Add the ginger garlic paste,cook 2 to 3 minutes then add tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
Now add the all dry spice powders (turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder)and add little water Mix everything and cook till separate oil.
Now add the duck and stir fry for 3-4 minutes till all the moisture and the duck pieces become opaque.
Now add the yogurt and cooked some time then add biryani Masala.
Add 2 cups of water and close the pressure cooker. Cook for 5-6 whistles. If you are cooking in a heavy bottomed pan, cover and cook till the meat is tender. It will take about 30 minutes.
Let the pressure go down by itself before opening the cooker and add chopped coriander leaves. It gives a very good taste.
Preparation For layering
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup fried onion (2 medium size onion)
- 1 tsp kewra water
- ½ tsp rose water
- Yellow food coloring powder
- ½ kg rice
- 1 bay leaf,2 cloves 2 to 3 black paper ,1 green cardmon,1/4 star ,1/2 tsp black cumin chumin,1/2 tsp fennel seeds(sonp),1/2 inch cinnamon .
- 1 tsp oil/ghee
- 2 tsp mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lime juice
2 tsp coriender leaves
- Take a large pan then hit add oil then add all gram Masala once all spices is crackled put water and cover a plate your pan and do flame high
Water is boiled then add your soak rice .
Once boiled rice then add mint leave, lime juice and salt to taste.
Rice is cooked only 60% (it is very important so very carefully)
Then drain all water and rest 30 minutes.
Layer of biryani
- Take a pan then put 2 tsp ghee then add half cooked rice then add chopped coriander leaves ,mint leaves and add fraied brown onion ,then add cooked duck meat.
- Again 2ndlayer same as it as
- Once complete you layer you put kewra, rose water and food colour.
- Covered plate and stem 45 minutes .And rest 30 minutes.
- Then served your delicious biryani with Raita.